Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Feet

I'm not a big fan of feet, they're ugly. But my own feet I can tolerate. It might have something to do with the fact that my feet inspire me, these two have survived a lot, all 10 toes in fact, deserve an award.

I nearly lost one of them when I was a sophomore in college. Two days after my man proposed, I wound up in the hospital with a strange circulation problem that turned the little piggy black & blue.  After a week on blood thinners and the same meds my grandparents take, I was sent back to the cold world with my toes wrapped warmly in socks and shoes.  But I viewed my feet differently after that.

They are something that I protect, I watch carefully, and on a good day, I let them out to wiggle free in the sunshine.  My feet remind me that I'm weak, that if I forget to protect them they could be in danger again. That while doctors and medicines are strong, sometimes there isn't an explanation for healing, it just happens, slowly over time and usually the Healer goes unnoticed. My feet help me remember Him.
~Shelby

My feet in the ocean off the coast of Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment