Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Who You Are

There's a lot of talk about "finding yourself". Figuring out "who you are". I'm not sure I believe in that. I think it's more about realizing the truth that was there all along. And to believe it. To know the person you were always created to be, can be hard, even when it's staring you in the face. When faced with the lie that I am not enough, I'm a failure or am worthless, these beautiful truths give me strength...


But you are God's chosen and special people...God has brought you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9


Now you have been set free from sin, and you are God's slaves. This will make you holy and will lead you to eternal life. Romans 6:22


For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17


...only God's Spirit can change you into a child of God. John 3:6


...you are God's temple and his Spirit lives in you. 1 Corinthians 3:16


My personal favorite, a truth I need: You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. God paid a great price for you. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20


Truly, I would not be alive today if God had not opened my eyes to these truths, and had I not believed them I fear I'd still be stuck with an eating disorder, or worse. These are so much more than Bible verses, they are life!
~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment